For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Monday, January 14, 2008

So Long, Joey D

The Atlanta Braves completed the transaction to acquire CF Mark Kotsay from the Oakland A's in exchange for P Joey Devine.



I won't be cryin' in my beer seein' Devine go...I'm *still* tryin' to recover from this game. That was a killer. 18 innings and the Bravos lose on a walk-off homerun by Chris Burke, given up by Devine?!?! Loser.

And for the next 2 years I was scared shitless everytime that dude hit the mound. Just not a comfortable situation. Best of luck to that bitch in the AL. Sayonara! Don't let the door hitcha in the ass on the way out.

I'm a bit concerned that Kotsay is deemed to be our saviour in center fielder. Not that he's a completely shitty player, but HE'S our answer to the gap left in the OF by Andruw Jones??? Kotsay?? Wow, I knew the market was bad but DAYUM! Did no one else wanna play for us?!



Hopefully dude'll come in & kick arse like Tex did for us the second half of '07. If he does, the Braves front office will look like a bunch of geniuses. Otherwise, Kotsay's broke-down ass will just be another Mike Hampton on our bench.

C'mon y'all. Make me see the light with this trade.......

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner