For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Virgin Post

I finally bit the bullet and created a blog, at the request of almost everyone that knows me. I love to write (and I'm a total smartass) so all of my friends have been wonderin' when I was gonna take my show on the road...well, here it is, folks!

And now that the Kastle has been created, I suddenly feel like I've been put on the spot. Instantly I'm under pressure to say somethin' funny, cute, scathing, evil...and I'm a total blank. I'm 4 sentences in and I have writer's block.

Well, I can always write somethin' about my Atlanta Braves. If ya don't know, I'm a huge Bravos fan and have been for years. Many, many gut-wrenching years. Division winners 14 years straight with only 1 World Series title to show for it. Yea, I know, in the eyes of Braves-haters, ATL is the Big Momma of post-season chokers -- we fans have heard it all, ad nauseum (Mets fans are the absolute worst!).

I have an unhealthy relationship with my team. It's like livin' with an abusive boyfriend -- one game day it's euphoria, good times, celebration, jubilation, sweet lovin'; the next game day I'm gettin' bitch-slapped hither & yon. Take tonight's game for instance -- punch to the gut. Or, this game -- backhand to the chops. Or, this game -- roundhouse kick where the sun don't shine (by far one of the most crushing blows of the season for me). And don't get me started on this game. I won't go on...we'll be here for days.

Why do I stay with my abusive boyfriend also known as the Atlanta Braves? I love him. And I'm doin' it for the kids.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner