For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Johan's The Man

I gotta hand it to the New York Mets. They're slowly becoming the poor man's New York Yankees. Recently, the Mets have hit up the banker and dished out some big bucks for big name players.

Take the Mets' off-season acquisition of Johan Santana, for example. $137.5 million for 6 years ain't nothin' to sneeze at! (And to think, in our off-season tranactions, we got Mark Kotsay. Woo hoo.)

Although I'll continue to talk trash & hate on the Mets (that's what a Braves fan must do, right?), I have a feelin' Santana will help bury Atlanta in the NL East standings in '08. Sad, but probably true.

I really hope I'm wrong. Shit, in a perfect world, my Braves would end the regular season with a record of 162-0.


(Watch the cutie-pie Santana sit down for Sunday Conversation on ESPN.)

Even with the probability of the Braves fallin' waaaaaay short of makin' the playoffs, I'm excited about watchin' Santana pitch for our mortal nemesis. He's an unbelievable pitcher, so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to, and learns about, new NL hitters.

I think we're in for a great '08 season, bitches!!!

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner