For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

SausageGate

I'm just in the mood to revisit this little morsel of goodness.

It's SausageGate 2003 (dayum, I can't believe it's been that long ago!)

If ya don't know anything about National League baseball, between the 6th & 7th innings of all home games, the Milwaukee Brewers feature the Sausage Races. And before you ask, no, none of Pamela Anderson's husbands - past or present - are participants.

It's basically a bunch of grown ass people dressed in meat-type costumes racin' around the warning track in the outfield. There's a hot dog, Italian sausage, Polish sausage & bratwurst.

On July 9, 2003, the Italian sausage was the victim of assault at the capable hands of Pirates first baseman Randall Simon. It sounds rough, but honestly, it's the funniest shit ever!

If you saw the video (below) you'd know that it was only a matter of time. There had to be millionz of players who hung over the top of the dugout fence just *waitin'* for the chance to take a swipe at a sausage's ass with a Louisville Slugger. I know I'd be itchin' for a shot.

Read the story for quite the knee-slapper.

I'm surprised it's still available from Page 2 (sarcasm)............

Sidebar: These days I'm hatin' ESPN and here's why: every time I click on a link to a headline on its website, I'm taken to an Insider story. ESPN The Insider is not a free service (and from what I hear from paying customers, it SUCKS and it's not worth the money. And ESPN the Magazine sucks, too. I know that from personal experience). Anyhoo, ESPN already has a monopoly on the sports world (see story on Darren McFadden losing the Heisman Trophy last weekend, brought to you by A-Hun) so why add another shitty story site for which visitors must pay? Fuck off & die, ESPN.

Admittedly, this story's a helluva lot funnier than the video, although the vid's hilarious in a serious, ironic way. These bitches need to get laid! Take it easy, newspeople. It ain't like Randall kilt anybody! He was just engagin' in some harmless meat beatin'.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner