For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Pusses All Aglow

Holy shit.

Scientists at the Gyeongsang National University have found a way to alter kitty genes to make them glow in the dark. Here's what they claim, according to msnbc:

"They took skin cells from Turkish Angora female cats and used a virus to insert the genetic instructions for making red fluorescent protein. Then they put the gene-altered nuclei into eggs for cloning. The cloned embryos were implanted back into the donor cats, which effectively became the surrogate mothers for their own clones.

Four kittens were born by Caesarian section, but one of them died during the procedure, according to the
Korea Times. The fact that the kittens' skin cells glowed under ultraviolet light served as evidence that they were really gene-altered clones."

Dayum, that's a lot of smart stuff.

This could come in handy for so many reasons. Like when my fat-ass, fluffy-ass cat comes sneakin' in the bedroom all stealthy-like and pounces on my head when I'm tryin' to fall asleep. I'd be able to see that bitch comin' and foil his plot to scare the shit outta me. I would finally be victorious! Muahahahahaha!



Those South Koreans are shifty.

But this can't be good for survival at nighttime......

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner