For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I <3 Reality TV

Hello, my name is Tara and I'm a reality show-aholic.


I admit it -- I'm hooked. It started with MTVs first season of The Real World in New York: Becky, Eric, Andre, Norman, Julie, Heather B. & Kevin -- I loved all those bitches!

In the new age of reality TV, producers have discovered that "manufactured reality" is really what sells (hey, I've seen Reality TV Secrets Revealed. I know what's up...) So yes, I know that most of it isn't "real". But it's like a train wreck: I just can't turn away.

I have to say that VH1 has probably cornered the market on the trashy goodness with shows like Flavor of Love (1 & 2), I Love New York (1 & upcoming 2), My Fair Brady & We're Getting Married, The Surreal Life (1-6), Kept, Rock of Love, Hogan Knows Best, etc.

But has anybody seen The Pickup Artist?! It's the latest hot mess to hit our beloved VH1, and boy is it a doozie. It's about 8 lovable losers (4 of whom are virgins) who've never had girlfriends and can't even talk to the opposite sex. They move into a mansion (I wonder what kind of housing budget VH1 has for its garbage shows...?) in hopes that this "Mystery" chap can teach 'em how to become a Master Pickup Artist. Basically, they wanna learn the magic word they can use that'll get 'em laid.

Admittedly, I watched the series premier Monday night out of curiosity. I was curious to see what type of men (or boys) would willingly sign up for a show of this caliber. I was also curious to see what this "Mystery" person was all about. But I was probably most curious to see what powers this said Mystery person possessed that made every woman in his presence want to peel off her thong and get busy.


Just look at these hot bitches! The douche in the furry hat is Mystery. The tool at front left is "Matador" and the Eminem mini-me at front right is "J. Dog". Seriously.

I loved this shit! I'm gonna watch just to see if what they're teachin' will actually work on real women -- it seemed to work on those sluts in the bar in the first epi. Oh, who'm I kiddin'? After a few Coors Lights I'd jump on Mystery so fast he wouldn't know what hit him, honey.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner