For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Save The Dinosaur: Frank Thomas Out Of A Job!



Toronto Blue Jays DH Frank Thomas ran his mouth on Saturday after he was benched in favor of Matt Stairs.

On Sunday, Thomas was released by the team. DRAMZ!

"I'm angry, I know I can help this team. My career isn't going to end like this," he said before Saturday's game.

He refused to shake hands with his teammates following the Jays' win over the Detroit Tigers and hit the road early without talking to reporters.

Manager John Gibbons had told pepaw that he'd ride the pine a lot more this season because he needs more production from the slugger. Thomas was hitting .167 with three homers and 11 RBIs in 60 ABs.

Blogger's note: How can a guy produce if his ass is on the bench, Mister Manager? M'just sayin'.

Thomas was pissed because he thought the team was tryin' to screw him out of $10 millionz. His option for 2009 kicks in only if he achieves 376 at-bats in 2008. Obviously, if he's not in the lineup, he ain't battin'. Oh snap!

GM J.P. Ricciardi told Peter Gammons that pepaw's release was "by mutual consent...handled with class." Mmm hmm.

By the way, Stairs went 2-for-3 with an intentional walk Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner