For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Bad To Worse

Atlanta Braves left-handed hurler Tom Glavine was placed on the 15-day DL Friday night for the first time in his 22-year career. Poor Tommy's got a strained hammy so they wanna give him some more rest.

But the news is even worse than that: Chuck James was recalled from Triple-A Richmond and will start today's game against Andruw Jones and the L.A. Dodgers.

As I told you earlier, Chuckie (and his 18.00 ERA) had been abandoned to the minors. The minors, where I had hoped he'd remain until we all forgot about him. That didn't happen.



I know our pitching situation is dire right now, so I'm sure our options were very limited when looking for a Glavine replacement...I shouldn't complain. But I will.

I don't think I'll even listen to this crap on WGST. I wouldn't be able to handle the heartbreak in the voices of Pete Van Wieren and Skip Caray when Chuckie fires up the launching pad that is known as home plate at The Ted.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner