For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Braves Win 2 In A Row

Against the New York Mets no less...

My Braves won 3-1.



I was totally geeked about the John Smoltz/Johan Santana match-up, this being the first start for John since coming off the DL. I couldn't have asked for more from the almost-41-year-old veteran!

He only pitched 5 innings, but struck out 6 and allowed only 2 hits. He also walked 2.

Johan threw 7 innings, gave up 7 hits and 1 earned run.

Since JS only pitched 5 innings, it left the onus on the bullpen to hold the lead. As in seasons past, I've done my fair share of cursing the Braves relief pitching, but today I shall rejoice.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll return to my potty-mouth ways when the bullpen is unleashed, but for now, I'll enjoy the love I feel for Blaine Boyer, Will Ohman, Pete Moylan & Rafael Soriano.

Although, I must say this: GET YER HEAD OUTTA YER ASS, SORIANO! YER MAKIN' ME NERVOUS!!!!

Ok, I feel better.

Now, it's off to Colorado for a 4-game set against the Rockies. Scheduled starters for those 4 games will be Tom Glavine, Jair Jurrjens, Chuck James & Tim Hudson, respectively.

Go Braves!!!!!

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner