For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Phils Option Myers To Triple-A



I'm a firm believer in karma. I understand that whole "what goes around comes around" crapola.

As far as I'm concerned (which ain't a lot) Brett Myers being demoted to the minor leagues was pure karma, baby!

Back in the spring, Wife Beater pulled this little "prank" on fellow Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick. If you don't have time to watch the video, here's a run-down: funny man Myers tells Kendrick that he's been traded to Japan's Yomiuri Giants for a player named Kobayashi Iwamura. MLB players can't be traded to Japan but poor KK didn't know that. Huge, elaborate joke. KK's freakin' out. Blahzay, blahzay.

Here's what I think is so great: Kendrick is 8-3 this season. He's 8-3 and Wife Beater is 3-9.

(On a sad note, Kendrick's 8th win came against my less-than-stellar Atlanta Braves tonight. Boo hoo.)

Myers is just one more "established" pitcher to find himself schleppin' it in the minors this season. Say hi to Dontrelle for us!

But I will say this: I commend Myers for not choking, punching, slapping, pummeling or beating anyone in his organization (or his wife!) upon makin' the decision to go down.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner