For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Umm, Frenchy's Back? Already?

Christmas came early for Jeff Francoeur.



While I'm sure there are thousands of people who are thrilled that Frenchy was recalled from AA Mississippi today, you can't count me as one of those happy revelers.

I have 2 reasons for my thinking, which I'll discuss in a bit.

3 days.

That's it. He was in the minors for 3 effin' days.

What started as a "minimum of 10 days" became 72 hours.

What the hell?!?!

I don't buy what GM Frank Wren's sellin': That he didn't recall Francoeur because of "injuries" sustained by Braves players over the weekend. Where the hell is Brandon Jones?! Why can't he play? Or Josh Anderson?

Francoeur was the ONLY option? And it was the way he was hittin' the cover off the ball in a dozen ABs?

I call bullshit, Frankie!

Don't get me wrong, for the sake of my team, I hope dude rebounds & hits .538 for the remainder of the season in an Atlanta Braves uniform and helps carry this club to the World Series, but I don't see that happenin'. I'd like to believe that he's cured of his shittiness at the plate.

Reason #1 the Kween's not happy: The Golden Child of Atlanta has yet another call go in his favor. Not sayin' he doesn't work hard, but this kid has seemingly had every opportunity handed to him -- he's the Face of the Braves Future. Why not leave him in Mississippi and let him get his groove back? Frank Wren, you're a joke.

And suddenly, Frenchy's "putting aside hard feelings" now that he's gotten the call-up. Hmm. Funny how that happens.



Reason #2 the Kween's not happy: So he went 7-13 in 3 games and hit .538 for the Mississippi Braves. So what?

The dude was sent down because he didn't have a handle on the strike zone, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he was overwhelmed by major league pitching.

And after 3 short days with Phillip Wellman he's completely transformed? Not a chance.

So he "tears up the minor leagues" and all of a sudden, he's back in the bigs? Then why not bring up *every* minor leaguer who gets lucky & hits .500+ in 3 games. Ooh, yea, let's do that!

The revolving doors of Major League Baseball...

Shit, let's call up Reid Gorecki! He's hittin' .429 after goin' 3-7 in 2 games!

Umm, no. That would be riDONKulus and so is this Frenchy decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that move down and back up again just bewildered me. I don't get the logic or the intention.
Definitely worthy of your WTF category.

But he's back and if he can go 7-13 w/ Atlanta I'll see some genius some where in it all.

It's getting late and I'm still keeping tabs on the game for another inning.
Thanks for stopping by!

~JB@The Launching Pad

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner