For entertainment purposes only...my entertainment.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Beauty Is As Beauty Does

Good Morning America anchor, Robin Roberts, who announced last July that she has breast cancer, walked in Isaac Mizrahi's studio fashion show today, sans her wig!

She not only rocked Isaac's floor-length red sequined gown, but she also owned her bald beauty. GO GURL!!



Click here to see the show featuring Robin and her gorgeous, bald self! (America's Next Top Model winner Dani Evans also walks, and Robin follows her.) Forward to about the 5:00 mark to see the emotional fabulosity that is RR!

I've been in awe of this woman since I was 13 years old. I lived in Southern California at the time and, being such a sports fan, would literally *run* home from middle school every afternoon to watch Robin anchor SportsCenter.

I was also obsessed with watching Homerun Derby and Up Close with Roy Firestone on ESPN in the afternoons. In addition to the great guests Roy had on his show, his hairline was always a mystery to me and kept me tuned in. I mean, I've never seen anything like it...it wasn't "receding" so it must've been "proceeding", right into his eyebrows on the sides of his head. Whatever. I guess this has now turned into a post about hair. Robin doesn't have any and Roy's is takin' over his whole damn face.




Anyway, I loved to watch Robin work her magic in front of the camera, loved her easy banter with my dream man Dan Patrick, loved her classiness on-air, loved her knowledge of sports. (Did you know she attended Southeastern Louisiana Univerisity and received a tennis scholarship?)

Not only was she one of the few women sportscasters on the biggest sports media outlets -- she was also an African-American.

She was my idol.

Being a fan of hers made me decide at that young age that I wanted to be on SportsCenter when I grew up. I majored in journalism in college, but quickly realized that I had a face for radio and a better knack for writing. Eventually, I went on to become a sportswriter for a newspaper, so I at least got to continue on with my love of sports.

OK, enough about me...I digress.

I was so proud of her for hittin' the runway in her bare beauty! She looked AMAZING!!

LOVE HER!!

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner